Working together with residents and their representative groups, the NHS and Haringey Council have produced this guide to support people to live and age well. Just a few simple changes can help reduce your risk of becoming frailer and improve your quality of life.
The Ageing Well Guide supports people who are over 50 and talks about:
- things you may face as you get older, and the opportunities for you
- tips and hints on looking after yourself
- useful contacts and organisations who can help
The guide is designed for those who may be fit and well and want to know what you can do to look after yourself, or for those who may have had a crisis like a fall or a visit to a hospital.
The guide has been developed by many different organisations including:
- North Central London Clinical Commissioning Group
- Whittington Health NHS Trust
- Haringey GP Federation (Federated4Health)
- Haringey Council
- North Middlesex University NHS Trust
- Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust
- London Borough of Enfield
The Ageing Well Guide includes sections on keeping active, feeling low, home life, skin care and managing pain. There are contact details for Haringey and national health and care organisations that can provide support.