Couple being assessed

Be aware of:

  1. Social care is rarely free. More often than not you'll have to contribute to the cost of care. The amount you pay depends on the level of need and the amount of assets (like savings or property) you have.
  2. You should get an assessment of needs from Haringey Council immediately. This helps to decide the level of your need.

Care needs assessment

What financial support could I get?

After you've had a care needs assessment from Haringey Council, they will do a financial means test.

They will look at your income, savings and property to work out how much you need to contribute towards the cost of your care and support.

Find out more

Paying for residential care

Care home fees will vary depending on the area, the individual care home itself, plus your own personal financial circumstances.

Find out more

Paying for care at home

There are a number of factors that can affect how much you pay for personal care and it can vary depending on the provider.

Find out more