Specialist housing options

Age UK looks at some of the many specialist housing options for older people, including shared ownership, retirement villages, Abbeyfield developments, and almshouses.

Find out more

Renting and Social Housing

You may already be renting and are looking to move somewhere new, or perhaps you’re considering renting a property for the first time.

Find out more

I'd like to stay at home

Making small changes to your home and getting support with everyday tasks can make a big difference and help you stay independent at home for longer.

Adapting your home

Find out what types of home adaptations could help make your home life easier.

Find out more

Getting help at home

There's help available if you're having trouble with everyday tasks. That could be getting in and out of bed, or cooking and cleaning. This helps is often called homecare, domiciliary care, or sometimes home help.

Find out more

I want to move to where I can get more support

If you're finding it harder to manage at home, sheltered housing or residential care might suit you.

Sheltered housing

Sheltered housing is a type of ‘housing with support’, which you can buy or rent. Find out if it's the right housing option for you.

Find out more

Care homes

Moving into a care home, or choosing one for a loved one, can feel daunting. Age UK can help you make the best choice for you, with tips on how to find a good care home and advice on paying for it.

Find out more