National Energy Action (NEA) advisor Julie gave a presentation on energy advice and support and answered lots of questions. She also organised a small raffle, with prizes of a slow cooker and an air fryer.
Haringey Advice Partnership gave a brief overview of Smart Meters and led a discussion on fuel poverty and mental health. HAP were able to take on more casework for signposting and referrals.
The session was part of the Go Green Eco-drop in hosted by 4U2. The aims of the session were:
- Help you to take control of your energy bills by using a Smart Meter to see what you’re spending on gas and electricity and to make any necessary changes in your home to reduce bills.
- Provide support, guidance and signposting delivered by specialist energy advisors and local community organisations.
- Look at the benefits of installing a Smart Meter to measure your gas and electricity usage in real time.
- Provide a live Smart Meter demonstration.
- Provide you with the tools to track your energy use over time and see how your habits may impact the cost of your bills.
Over the coming years, it is likely that all energy providers will replace traditional gas and electricity meters with Smart Meters. This session will help you understand how Smart Meters work before they change your meter.
For more energy advice and information contact HAP
020 4537 4084